Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween:Part 2




We had such a fun Halloween! Avery dressed up as a Strawberry Fairy and she looked so cute (thanks Christina for the adorable costume)! Avery loved the wings the best and the "fairy dust" in her hair. I am so glad she is a little girl...I honestly look forward to years of princess, fairy, and other girly-girl costumes.
We went to a Halloween carnival at our church and then went trick-or-treating with my mom in her neighborhood. Because Ave had decided to for go the nap that day at school, out night ended early. The next morning, Ave wakes up and the first words out of her mouth were, "I want to go trick or treating, Mommy." Kinda hard to explain the once a year festivities to a 2 year old. Also, now she'll tell me, "Mommy, say trick or treat" and she'll pretend to give me a treat in my hand....I'm hoping we're not still doing this in December...

I was amazed by the people in Texas that get into Halloween. One lady was sitting in her front lawn dressed as a "pretty witch" and was stirring a cauldron pot with a stick. The kids would come up to her and she would hand them out a bag of goodies from her pot. And the weather was so nice- 60s. A lot of people were sitting out by their front doors and waiting for the kids which was nice could you could actually talk to them. A little different from the cold Halloweens I remember as a kid- when layers and layers were a necessity. I can recall one year in Minnesota where snow was coming down but that didn't effect our Halloween agendas.

3 comments:

Larman Family said...

She looks adorable! It was so nice to see you guys at the trunk or treat! I am glad that Avery likes the costume- if she is anything like Sara she still likes to try it on even though Halloween is long past. Please keep it as long as she wants. Love the pictures! Hope to see you guys again soon.

Honeybell said...

She is so cute! I need to post our Halloween pics, but I can't find my camera cable. Grrrr!

The Rich Family said...

Oh my gosh! Her costume is too cute! I miss you Chelsea!