Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm hooked

So, I guess I'm addicted to blogging. It didn't take long...I love it! Just wish I had more time to vent all my random thoughts.

School has been good this week. We have three tests in the next four weeks. We are in our last week in clinicals. Thankfully, I don't have to stress about my grades too much. In nursing school, anything lower than a 75% is considered failing. I'm at a 89% for my lecture grade, and a A in both clinical and community. I need to study a little more. I've gotten a little lazier this semester but I know I will be mad at myself, in the end, if I don't get my little A in lecture.

This is our last week in clinical. I've had a fairly relaxed and easy clinical instructor this semester. At first, I was concerned that she was too laid back and wouldn't push me to make the most of our clinical rotation. I quickly realized that the semester was going to be challenging enough and I should be grateful for this assignment. All in all, I loved our clinicals. I worked hard because it mattered to me. I've been in nusing, in some capacity, for 7 years, but never have felt totally comfortable taking care of critically ill patients. I feel more confident in my knowledge and nursing skills...And everything else you learn by working after school.

Avery is hilarious. Just wanted to write about some of our interesting conversations, over the last week or so...

As we're coming home, our apartment is dark and before I can turn the lights on,
Ave says: "Mommy, Its dark. I can't see my eyes!"
_____________________________________________

Avery begins to cry after hitting her knee on the table. She cries and cries....

I say, "Avery...its o.k. You're tough, shake it off..."(thanks ruth)

Ave: "But, I'm not done crying, Moooommeeee."
__________________________________________________

And the slight glimpse of attitude is great- probably a sign of wonderful things to come. I'm starting to hear, "Because....blah, blah, blah" and "Actually...." She definitely keeps me laughing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the stories! And I am so glad you're blogging. I know you can get that A...you remind me of how I was when I was in nursing school. Even with all the stress, it sure makes for some great memories!