Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!




I never thought I'd be one of those people that could actually put up a Christmas tree before Thanksgiving. Growing up, my family, or my mom, was adamantly serious about keeping the two holidays separate. When I was maybe ten, my Nana asked me to play piano songs for a bit while everyone was working on the Thanksgiving meal...I started playing Christmas songs and my mom came over and said something like, "Can we just get through this holiday first?" Not that I blame her....But I became an adult just so I could make my own decisions and I could easily sense Avery's love for this tradition as she has been ooohing and aaaahing the christmas trees at the stores since SEPTEMBER!

So, we got ourselves a cute and little pre-lit Christmas tree. This is the first year I actually had to put one together myself- so I was kinda worried, especially about trying to put this together in front of an excited Avery attempting to assist. Lucky for me, the cheaper the tree-the easier to assemble. I literally had to snap the base together and insert two big pieces and PRESTO- a tree!

Avery loved the decorating of the tree. She kept saying, "Isin't this pretty mommy?" and "This is my Christmas Tree." I let her hang most of the ornaments and the star on top...She was very dedicated to finding the perfect spot each individual ornament- even if that meant our tree is slightly assymetrical...I didn't hang any of my keepsake ornaments like the porcelain ornaments my Grandma Knick made. I have a feeling this girl is going to want to rearrange her tree a time or two and that would just be too risky, even at the top!

1 comment:

Honeybell said...

I just can't believe how big Avery is! I'm still worried about putting presents under the tree this year. I think Liam would have them all unwrapped in about 30 seconds if given the chance!