Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The semester is ALMOST over!





Yes- clinicals are over! We have one morning next month where we have to do change agent presentations for the our hospital's administration, but that is it! I am eagerly anticipating the long break before coming back for the Spring semester. It kinda seems like the spring is all one big secret. I know our clincals include a state psych rotation but other than that- we are working in the community until we are selected for a preceptorship. I think I'll be able to deal with anything at that point, because graduation will be so closely within reach!

So, here are some pics from my clinical group. We all went out to breakfast last week to close the semester properly!

The group of five girls and me- are the DEFIBRILLATORS. This was my code group for mock codes and we rocked. All the girls worked really hard to pass the first time and I made some great friends from this group...

Including my friend Melena-the chick with the baby. She is easily my favorite person from school. Melena was also in the transition program over the summer, she is a paramedic and is a natural when it comes to nursing. The thing I love most about her- her insane dedicated drive. Lena had her daughter (her first baby) by C-Section...and was back to school a week later!!! She is a wonderful mother and one of those people that gets good grades without studying...I want to hate her for how easy she makes it all look, but I can't.

And the big group is my whole clinical group...minus my instructor! Good times, good memories, will miss seeing these people so much!

2 comments:

Audrey, Russ, and Carson said...

You're looking cute as always. I'm glad you're having fun with your classmates. Love you girl! Oh yeah and check out my blog, I put up a video of Carson walking. It's pretty funny.

lenasandifer said...

Aw...you made me cry! I could never have made it through this semester without your friendship and support. Hurry up and get home from your trip so we can FINALLY hang out!!!!! Oh, and Rexi blew you a bubble and said she loves you :)