Monday, January 19, 2009

Cowgirl boots and sisterly love


My Texas cowgirl finally has some cowgirl boots. April and I hit up the kid's consignment stores this weekend for some super sales. These were a steal at $3.50- I'm only worried that Ave is going to want to wear them everywhere and they are a size too big...Oh well. They're undeniably adorable.

I love shopping with my sister. She helps me consider my purchases as I still manage to over-indulge my only child who just happens to be a little girl, which means cute clothes are virtually mandatory. April is incredibly reasonable and frugal, with good reason. I usually consider myself to be too until I see her instinctive habits in action. For instance, we're at Once Upon a Child, and we're weeding out what we should/should not buy when April (who makes more than I will ever make and saves more than I will ever save) says, "What do you think of this shirt? Its cute but I don't know and its $6.50." The shirt was actually included in the 60% off sale, which she knew and was super cute.

That is my sister and I love her dearly. I should also mention (in case she's really mad at me at this point) that April's conscious ways of saving, even as a teenager, were what gave me my first real independence, aka my first car. April loaned me $3000, while she was a freshman in college, for me to buy my little green Toyota Tercel (I made good car choices even back then-that was a good car). I paid her back within a year but can not help but still be amazed at her love and generous offerings that have remained consistent throughout our lives.

So, April...Even though mom still tells you how perfect you are, right in front of me...It doesn't bother me like it used to...I am grateful to be your friend and younger sister that will forever be learning from you and watching you in wonder. I love you. -Chels

4 comments:

kansaswx said...

Aw Chelsea, that is a nice post about your sister. April is lucky to have you and btw, your mother has TWO perfect daughters. And you have a perfect daughter yourself. Love the boots, love that they only cost $3.50!

The Rich Family said...

Chelsea, you are such a good sister! I loved reading what you wrote about you and April. It brought back so many memories of my own experiences shopping with April. I sure miss the old days when we all used to hang out. I hope you, me, Audrey and April can plan a girls getaway sometime in the near future! What do you say!?

Audrey, Russ, and Carson said...

I love this post. It's so sweet how you explained April and I'm sure she would say that she's got a lot to be grateful for having you as a sister. Hope your doing great!

April & Anthony Callison said...

You're still way too nice...

And I would agree that w/your friend and say mom does have another perfect daughter - and i have a PERFECT sister. you are my best friend and i'm so fortuntate to be close to you!!!

ps - an ugly shirt is an ugly shirt - no matter how much you pay for it - it's not going to make it cutier. tanner has a reputation to uphold!