Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sad news

So, some may already know this and its not the newest news....But, my parents are moving to Seattle, Washington. My dad has accepted a wonderful job opportunity he is very excited about and will be moving the end of this month, taking only my mom with! I can't believe they're actually moving without any kids!

Last night, it just hit me. I started crying thinking about it. It just doesn't seem fair that Ave won't be able to see her grandparents whenever she wants. She is really close to both of them but I am mainly worried about my mom and how this will affect her overall well-being.

Growing up, we moved a lot. We never lived anywhere more than six years. I did expect them to stay in Texas. I know there is a reason why they are moving and that it may be good for our family...I just feel like I have to have back up support for Ave and I. My sister, April, is the perfect friend, help, aunt, everything but I don't want to have to rely on her for so much.

One more semester in school...And then I will feel more self-reliant. In the meantime, it makes you appreciate your family so much more when they aren't so accessible. Who knows... I may end being closer to my mom and dad when they live on the other side of the country.

2 comments:

KC Knicks said...

There is always Kansas City. That's my secret little hope. Although not so secret.

kansaswx said...

You probably won't feel so sad if you post Chels!