Monday, January 19, 2009

Obedience

I have been asked to give a talk this Sunday on this wonderful topic. I wish I could say this has always been my specialty, but it has not. From what I've gathered, it seems that I have only recently learned that blessings come after we make good choices. I must have been rotten in my youth because I don't remember sacrificing in order to be obedient. For example, I didn't graduate from seminary. I was LAZY and the hour of sleep was too much to give up...How sad- I think my life would've been a little different had I been more willing to do the right thing. Fortunately, I have learned a thing or two since my younger days and now understand the bigger picture a little better.

Anywho, I'm sure I'll be able to find the riveting and inspiring talk that is deep within me. In the meantime, here is a story I love on obedience that I personally can strongly relate to.

http://www.sugardoodle.net/Faith/Gods_Embroidery.shtml

2 comments:

Mrs. Farmer's Market said...

I know that you'll do a great job on your talk. I'm so glad to have you in our ward. I loved the embroidery story,too! Thanks for sharing.

Audrey, Russ, and Carson said...

Good luck on your talk! With your amazing spirit, you'll be able to say exactly what the people need to hear. Love you!