Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Who gave you permission to grow up?

The other night, Ave and I had a conversation, as she was getting ready for bed, that went something like this:

Me: OK, Ave- here is Pooh (She has been sleeping with her Pooh for the last couple years of her life)...do you want your baby too?

Avery: No, mommy...Just Allison (see post below).

Me: Oh, so you want Pooh and Allison tonight?

Avery: Just Allison, mommy. Pooh is for babies.

I am literally stunned at this moment. It seems this little girl is growing by the second and I can not keep up! Its too early for her to outgrow her innocent and young attachments. What's next- "Mommy, I don't want to be a princess...I want to be in High School Musical/Hannah Montana/Jonahs Brothers groupie?" I don't think so!


Goodbye Pooh- Thanks for being such a good friend!

Hello Allison! May you always be faithful and love my Avery fully!

4 comments:

kansaswx said...

Oh poor Pooh Bear. Keep him..she'll want him again someday. Those pink monkeys will get them every time.

KC Knicks said...

You are the cutest! Avery too. I love you guys.

The Rich Family said...

This is so cute! I cant believe she is such a big girl now! I cant imagine Jacob growing out of his little doggy that he is so attached to, and I especially cant imagine my baby saying, "this is for babies, mommy." You are raising such a beautiful, smart daughter!

Audrey, Russ, and Carson said...

Oh Chels! You are the cutest mommy ever! I wish we lived closer so we could spend time together. I miss you!