Saturday, February 21, 2009

Another trip to KS!







Avery and I decided we had to be present at our niece/cousin- Brittany's 3rd birthday. I have been to all her previous birthdays (including the party in the delivery room) so this is now our new standard.

We were able to have some girl time Friday-before the party and we got our nails done. The girls had their nails painted and Ave picked out her own color and held very still during the whole thing. Then it was time for the party at Chuck-E-Cheese. It was fun and exciting. The kids had fun- Avery is still deathly afraid of Chuck-E...I don't think that will ever change.

The next day was Valentine's Day and we went out to lunch and to the Build-A-Bear workshop. The line was over an hour long-but my wonderful brother waited amongst the eager children, while we shopped. By the time it was our turn, Ave had already decided on a cute little monkey. After giving life to this monkey, we sat down at the computer to print our birth certificate. I asked Ave what she wanted to name her monkey and she quickly responded, "Allison." Now, I swear- we know NO ALLISONS. None at school, none at church, no friends- it was pretty cute that she was able to come up with such a fantastic name.

I took Avery over to her Dad's house Sunday morning. I dropped her off and spent an hour with Ave, Ave's Dad, and Ave's Dad's now fiancee...I knew Ave was in good hands and comfortable so I made the trip back in time to finish my 2 papers for school.

I always have a hard time when Avery is away. My life is centered around this one little girl and it is very apparent when she is with her dad. The first day is nice- I think about all this stuff I can do. But by the next day, I miss her and worry about her constantly.

I picked her up at the airport Wednesday. She was running to me as soon as she saw me- and she did look bigger. Ever since she has been back, she has been a better listener. I don't know if time away makes her grow up a little or perhaps she just missed me...I'm ofcouse hoping for the latter!

2 comments:

Audrey, Russ, and Carson said...

I like the info about the trip. I'm still mad I didn't see you! Here's a weird question, does Avery fly all by herself when she comes back home? I was just wondering how that works. Love you girl!

Chelsea said...

No. Anthony had to fly with her back and then turn around and get back on the plane again. She'll be able to fly ber herself when she is 5...It will be easier/less expensive but kinda scary!