Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nothing new 'round here




Not much to report- except the following-

1) There is a new member of the family named "Carousel" by his loving caretaker. He is a cute, little, blue Alpha fish who eats and swims all day long and makes his first public appearance in the video below. Ave was told that if we take care of Carousel , (and he lives past his guaranteed or money back date) we can get a dog...post graduation and house buying, that is, ofcourse.

2) My parents have moved! Well, my dad moved 2 weeks ago and my mom moves in a week. They are selling their house to a family in their ward/church... (yes, an amaaaaazing blessing for them). It still hasn't sunk in that it is actually happening. I just want my life to be on hold until I am done with school. It makes me sad that I won't be able to keep a close eye on them while they are getting older and grayer every year...And I'm not the only one. We were getting to go see my mom today and Ave said, "Mommy, I'm going to take this puzzle to go show Grandpa!" She was sooo excited and I didn't have the heart to explain that one.

3) I have finally mustered up my motivation and togetherness for this last semester. The break from school had put me back- and I was frazzled for the first couple weeks of school. I think I am ready to work hard again and I applied for my first nursing internship. As a graduate nurse, you work, and make money, for nursing internships where you are working under a preceptor, another RN, to help you ease into your own practice and patient load. These range from 8-16 weeks, depending on the field. Well, my first preference is......ER! Pretty much everything in nursing interests me. There has not been any one area that I thought I couldn't see myself working. But, this was my favorite clinical rotation and some may know that this is where I was actually offered a position several years ago, before I was pregnant and moved to the area. I didn't take the job, stayed in Kansas, and decided to some other things instead... Long story short, I feel that this is my full circle of where I am supposed to be and where I will find the best opportunities to learn and grow in my career. So I applied and will see what happens...If its meant for me- it'll work out. Otherwise, there are many, many options that I am sure I will be happy with.


4) Avery is catching up to my intelligence, quickly. She can count to ten in spanish, twenty in english, recite the pledge of allegiance-she did learn this one from school. She was coloring today and for the first time ever, was drawing REAL PEOPLE! I was very impressed- as you can tell from the video and pictures. We're talking people with eyes, hair, ears, noses, mouths...That is smart and that is my girl.

2 comments:

KC Knicks said...

We love Avery! Can't wait to see her cute face (and yours too.)

April & Anthony Callison said...

Wow! A fish! I haven't heard this one yet. What does Avery think? Just don't let mom come over to feed it - it would be dead in no time!