Thursday, December 18, 2008

We are in Kansas!!!

We just arrived to Kansas last night...and we are having a blast!

We decided to drive because of gas being so affordable. As we were getting to North Oklahoma, we started seeing some snow patches on the ground. Avery said, "Look Mom! There's sugar everywhere!" It was pretty cute. Spoken like a true Texas girl.

We were able to go see my friend, Audrey and her son, Carson, and family for his first birthday party. I didn't take any pictures because I was still recovering from the long drive and not thinking too clearly.

Today, Ave spent the day with her dad. I got to meet his new girlfriend. She redecorated his house, which used to be- our house. I think I handled it all in all, pretty well. I am happy that her dad is happy-Avery deserves two happy parents.

I have loved spending time with Kristan, Keith and their kids. Jared and Brittany are two kids with BIG personalities and it is fun! Avery LOVES playing with her cousins and I think the feeling is mutual. Jared said last night, "I've never had this much fun with Avery!" She is now at that perfect age where playing with other kids is the best thing ever.

So, I realize I do miss Kansas when I am back here. I got to see my other good friend, Kendra, and she tried to talk me back into moving here as well as little hints from Kristan. I know Texas is where we are meant to be for awhile...I'm just happy to be able to come visit without it being too far away!

Need to take more pictures so that I can post some!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you guys made it safe. sorry we missed seeing you before you left. take care and we'll see you when we get back

kansaswx said...

And I'm so sorry I'm not in Kansas to see you!

April & Anthony Callison said...

Don't get any ideas about moving on me :) I don't know who I would miss more, Avery or You???