Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ave and her Daddy

Ave got to spend a couple days with her dad when we were in Kansas. This isin't the best picture but it clearly shows this resemblance between them is still going strong...She really enjoyed her time with him and told me all about the birthday party he had for her and getting to play with her little cousins.

On our way home from Kansas, Ave was mad at me for making her get out of our warm car to stop for a potty break and told me, "I want my Daddy!" She hasn't said it since...She has never told me that before and I honestly thought it was funny that the thought came to her at that perfect time. I'm just hoping I don't hear this everyday or every time she wants to share some attitude!

I do know that her dad loves her very much and wishes he could see her everyday. We are going to try to work out a more consistent system in which Ave goes to Kansas for small intervals to spend time with him. I would never recommend this situation to anyone and I tell whoever I can to avoid it at all possible costs but I am hopeful that we can make the best of it.

No comments: