Tuesday, December 2, 2008

AVERY is THREE!








Avery had a great 3rd birthday! We went to the Disney on Ice Show with her best friend, Caden and his mom, Ruth....Then we had a small party. Avery was quite the birthday girl and seemed to have the birthday princess attitude down...Almost like she didn't know what to do with all the attention. For instance, she really did not want to blow out the candle on her birthday cake- I had to coerce her into it. I'm sure her favorite part was opening her presents. Caden really wanted to assist with the opening, which she didn't mind. She is still loving playing with all her presents and likes to remind me of her growing age, saying, "I'm three Mommy...Not a baby." I'm using the "Well, three year olds listen" card and hope that it works for awhile.

I was telling my friend that it is interesting to me that Avery is probably at an age now where she will start to remember things. My first memory is a couple months after I turned 3, stepping onto some steps to see my newborn baby brother, Collin, in the nursery....It makes me even more excited to make fun memories with her but a little more conscious of my parenting skills.

The Terrible Twos went by way too quickly- onto the Terrific Threes.

3 comments:

kansaswx said...

Such a big, sweet girl. I sure picked the right card for that party, huh? I can't wait to see her (an you!) again.

The Rich Family said...

Happy Birthday Avery!! I cant believe it!! I need to see her again! I miss you lots Chels!

Pam said...

What a beautiful little girl! Three years, where does the time go?