Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Poor college student

So, everyone knows the economy's not in the greatest shape...Kinda a scary time to be in school but also a great time to be in school, especially for nursing...I am glad I know I'll be able to find a job after school...My education is probably the best investment I could make right now...

Just received a random e-mail from my school's financial aid office...Over the summer, I had applied for a bunch of different scholarhips along with financial aid..At that time, I was more than happy to find out that I would receive pell grants to more than cover my tuition and $200 a month to help with Avery's daycare costs...Since then, I've just been trying to change my money spending habits and live with less. I knew I wouldn't be able to go to school full time, work full time, and be a single mom full time...And that would just not be fair to Avery...So, I am o.k. with burning up my savings as long as I get through school debt free...So, TODAY- I open up this e-mail and find out that I was given a nursing scholarship for $1500 this semester and would more than likely receive another scholarship for the spring! Such wonderful news.....Just another example of how much Heavenly Father is aware of our situation and has helped ease my worries! I am grateful!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

wahoo!!!! That is wonderful news!!!

Honeybell said...

Fantastic news Chelsea! Congratulations.

kansaswx said...

Great. So glad for you hon.

Unknown said...

That is fantastic! You go girl!