Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A GREAT WEEK!







Well, this week has been a blast...I don't even know where to begin. Last week, we went with my friend-Ruth, sister-April, and kids to the Texas state fair. We had so much fun tasting the food, seeing the animals, going on rides, and watching the kids help out on a play farm.

All in all, the day was exhausting...But, later that night....We went to a wonderful show. My sister, April, had given my mom and I tickets for the Broadoway show-The Color Purple. I am a huge fan of live shows and musicals, so I have been eagerly anticipating the month of October for this very reason. I had never seen the movie but had heard a lot of great things about the story. I was not dissapointed in the least bit. It was a wonderful story about a girl that had to deal with trials upon trials in her life but learned to put her trust in God and never forget the love of her sister. At a low point in the main character's life, she is told to remember God when she sees the color purple in a beautiful sky...What a simple way of stating how important it is to see Heavenly Father's hand in the small wonders of our life...It also helped me to see some perspective...My life is not perfect but its not hard. I am blessed to have a wonderful Heavenly Father that knows my worries, frustrations, and desires....and family that is supportive of my choices and dreams...including a wonderful sister! Thanks April for the memorable night!

We are now officially into our mid-semester point in school and were given a fall break with one day off from lecture this week...Avery was able to stay home with me for four days! We had a lot of fun and had a visit from our friends from Utah. We went to a state park for a picnic on Sunday and took them to the Dallas Arboretum on Monday where we enjoyed the kids concert and the fall festivities around the park.
Time is flying by and I am loving this season!

4 comments:

kansaswx said...

The bad thing about blogs is you can't just reach into the computer and get or give a great big hug!

KC Knicks said...

You are in trouble. I need to talk to you.

April & Anthony Callison said...

I love all of Avery's different faces she's making in the pics. She's beginning to look more and more like you everyday - you guys have a lot of the same expressions. She's too cute! I miss her already!!

Lisa said...

Looks like you are having so much fun! Avery is adorable!
I also love that you girls all went to a show together. What great memories.