Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lessons Learned


Just wanted to share this cute picture that Ave made...She was coloring one day and told me she drew a picture of her family. She asked me how to spell "mom" and "tanner."

Here we are...Two and ahalf years later...We have come so far. When Ave and I first moved to Texas, I strongly disliked having to explain our situation to others and loathed the question, "And what does your husband do?" I would see Ave watching other families interact and I assumed she was wondering where her dad was.

After all this time has gone by, I can now openly explain before anyone has to ask- "Yeah, its just me and Avery and we are pretty darn close."

Any mom will tell you that its hard. I just know that I was meant to be a mom- Avery's mom...I wouldn't trade it for anything. Our struggle has brought us together and I am the happiest and strongest I have ever been.

So, what now? It has taken me long enough but I have come to several conclusions over the last couple of weeks. I need to stop worrying so much about myself and my situation and start doing more for others. Working in the emergency room for my school clinicals has been a startling experience. If you have family support, your health, and a grasp of perspective- you can count yourself extremely lucky.

Man, wisdom does come with age...I am wise beyond my years...Its a good thing I am getting older- my life experiences will soon catch up to my age!

1 comment:

April & Anthony Callison said...

I'm glad that Tanner made the cut! That's so cute that she included them...I'm sure he would do the same.