Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lots to say






We had a fun weekend listening/watching general conference. I have been suffering from the mother of all allergies and has literally taken over my whole body. I feel like I am in a haze. This is my first month without health insurance, so I'm trying to use all my drug combos I can think of to get over this ridiculousness.

Anywho, today we went over to April and Anthony's and decorated easter eggs. I love going over to their house. Avery loves it too. The first thing she said to me this morning was, "Mommy, are you better? Are we going to see April and Uncle Anthony?" I couldn't resist and we had a great time.

By the end of the afternoon, Avery was telling April, "Let's leave Mommy" (as they were getting ready to take Avery to visit all the little niece's on Anthony's side) and she told me "I love Anthony" as they were getting ready to leave.

As I'm trying to plan our Easter next week, its finally hitting me that my parents are not here. I really miss being able to go to their house on Sundays- our crazy family times, watching Ave play with my dad, and my mom's funny outlook on life. I was in denial of the whole situation- or just had too much other stuff going on...and now its sinking in.

So, hope everyone enjoys our pics from today. Please be mindful of what you say regarding my
looks- I am concerned that I may be aging prematurely. I may be overly sensitive to the matter due to the recent comments I have heard from strangers....Such as:

1) Stranger one: "Wow- you sure are pretty. (Talking to Avery while I am holding her)...You're even prettier than your mommy!"

2) I have to set up this scenario. I have a home health patient- Ms. Womack- that I have been taking care of for a year. We went to Walmart the other day- when this question was posed...Important info: Ms. Womack is 90 years old!!!)
Cashier at Walmart asks me, while she is checking out our groceries, "Is she your mom?"- pointing to Ms. Womack!

I just had to laugh at the last one---but inside I was thinking- wow, do I suddenly look middle aged? I am 10 years younger than Ms. Womack's actual grandaughter!!! Maybe the stress of my life is showing itself in my face! I thought I was for aging gracefully but I may have to reconsider my options if this continues!

1 comment:

kansaswx said...

Oh yes, you are definitely in need of the face cream. In this picture you look all of, oh, say, 22! =)