Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Life of a 2 year old




Here are some activities of my busy 2 year old...Avery's first love is scissoring. She can spend 30 minutes cutting one piece of construction paper into a hundred "shapes" and then the next 30 minutes glueing them onto another piece of paper. And until she has a little scissor incident (ie:cutting of the hair), I am a big supporter of these cute projects....Secondly, Avery's paintings are always masterpieces...My sister gave her this great art easel for christmas last year, but I was always hesitant to let her begin painting while we lived with them, for some reason...Well, we are now able to paint freely with washable paints and Avery is really cautious during her art time...She asks to paint daily and I have more paintings than I know what to do with, hence the art wall in my office...Lastly, my daughter is now officially a member of generation tech...Our local library has computer games available for check out. Well, last week we brought home Blue's Clues Preschool....I had to show Ave a couple times how to use the mouse and go through the activities...But, as you can see, she is now independently and correctly operating the mouse and playing the game on her own as I make sure, from afar, she's playing nice with my computer.

1 comment:

KC Knicks said...

Brittany also loves "cutting paper." However, I haven't been as smart. I find it all over the floor. I think this week I will give her a glue stick and let her imagination run wild! I wish these two could spend more time together. They would LOVE it! Miss you.