Sunday, June 7, 2009

Graduation Day!





I have some major catch-up blogging to do. So, let's start with graduation day. There were a couple things that made this day SO GREAT!

The first one was the family support I received-I didn't know if both my parents were going to be there...Long story short- both of my parents were there for the big day. This was pretty amazing to me. I didn't stress how important it was to me to have them both there but my mom and dad made travel arrangements to be present.

I knew the day was going to be emotional. This has been my dream for the last seven years and the road had been long, hard, difficult, but wonderful. I didn't actually start tearing up until I walked in with my class, looked up, and saw my sister, April, crying. My sister is not an emotional person so I can only gather that Apes understood how important this goal was for me to reach...and she was proud!

The coolest thing about this day was finding Ave in the stands...She watched me, waved to me, smiled at me and I found her before I walked across the stage...I hope she remembers this day and knows how valuable an education really is.

No comments: